Sunday 15 November 2009

Always in my heart.


Remembering your Wedding Anniversary
November 18th 2000

I come up through the layers of sleep
Each day
And I remember.
I waken to the sounds outside
I see the day unfold
A day you cannot see.

My heart has that familiar lurch of pain....
There have been so many days without you now
But it is only like yesterday that you were gone
In a flash
In an instant
Broken beyond repair...........
How can I ever forget?
Never.
The depth of silence in my life where you existed is profound
I can hear your voice at times
But it is no longer real..................
I see your smile
And I long to see you.
And I know
I will never be the same
We are left here
Those of us who love you
Who go on without you......................
As we have to do...........

Marking each anniversary
Each birthday
Each memory
So you remain with us.

The ripples of your life that was
Flow on in others
Each having a different track
A different story
Some are yet to be told...............

I have to face the day
Each day
Afresh
Dry the tears
And push through the pain
But know
You were so loved
And eventually
Slowly
I can smile.



No comments: